MEASURES TO PREVENT AND PROTECT FROM COVID-19 VIRUS
Montanema Handmade Village is not a conventional hotel, it is a small ‘’village’ of independent stone build houses spread over an area of 9 acres.
The houses are spacious and comfortable, each property has its own entrance and private courtyard or terrace.
The houses include a fully equipped kitchenette enabling you to prepare meals. A dining area is provided furnished with comfortable chairs and dining table. All the meals may be served in our restaurant by arrangement, or in your house in ecological disposable packages or at the outdoor area of the restaurant The external areas of the hotel offer ample space to ensure safe distancing when having a coffee or just relaxing.
There are various areas providing picnic tables and benches around the hotel gardens where you can enjoy your meals and relax privately.
The forest and countryside around the hotel offer an abundance of walking trails to enjoy without meeting other people.
The Hotel facilities are reserved for the exclusive use of residents. Walk-in and day visitors are not permitted to use the communal areas or coffee bars / restaurants.
All the members of staff at Montanema Handmade Village have daily temperature checks and are fully trained to follow all health and safety regulations and hygiene procedures.
On arrival, guest check in may take place in the open-air reception area. Your host will take you through the facilities and services offered for the duration of your stay, will explain in detail the health and safety measures and answer any questions you may have.
Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser is offered in all communal areas. We recommend regular hand washing and regular use of the hand sanitiser. We also recommend hand washing and use of hand sanitiser after interaction with the farm animals.
Your personal data, contact and booking information is digitally stored according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GPR) It is stored securely under password protection and only accessed or shared if requested by the local authorities.
The principal reason guests choose our hotel is the direct contact with nature and the secluded, peaceful and private environment. Our guests respect the privacy of one another while the hotel staff strive to provide an excellent guest service, while protecting and maintaining the natural setting. A true paradise!
The sense of privacy, seclusion and outstanding beauty of the natural environment help our guests disconnect and switch off from the fast pace of everyday life. Stress levels are reduced while you relax and reconnect with nature and reflect on one’s inner self.
- All houses have windows with shutters and screens to allow natural ventilation. The house will have been aired naturally for at least 2 hrs prior your arrival.
- All linen, sheets and towels are laundered at 70 degrees and stored in disinfected bags.
- Furniture surfaces, doors, windows, cupboard handles, all switches, the kitchenette and bathroom are all disinfected with specialist detergents.
- Fabric surfaces, sofas, armchairs, curtains and toilet seats are disinfected with a steamer set at 70 degrees.
- Housekeeping staff are fully trained on the disinfection procedures and follow strict health and safety guidelines. Gloves, face masks and disposable aprons are worn at all times.
- Your housekeeper will be the last person to have entered your property. The main door handle is disinfected on exit and the time when your house was last cleaned and disinfected will be left on a card on the lounge table.
- Food menus and the spa therapies catalogue have been removed from your house for your safety. Please enquire for more information by calling or visiting the main reception.
- The tv remote control is wrapped in a disposable cover.
- The check in time is at 15:00 am and the checkout time is at 11:00 pm to be sure that your house will be disinfected and aired properly
- Housekeeping services are offered only on request to ensure your safety during your stay with us. Waste is disposed of in the designated bin outside your house which is collected daily.
BAR AND RESTAURANT
- Enjoy your breakfast, lunch, dinner or drink indoors (with open windows) or outdoors in the catering areas of the hotel. Alternatively order room service in your private house.
- Breakfast is a la carte table service, the buffet is currently discontinued.
- All tables are set at a safe distance from one another to ensure your safety.
- Please keep the necessary distances from the hotel staff and other guests of the hotel.
· In all public areas there are bottles with hand sanitizer. Please use it when you log in.
.· Tables and chairs are disinfected after each meal.
- All cutlery and crockery is washed at 70 degrees and disinfected with specialist detergents.
- Restaurant and kitchen staff are fully trained on the disinfection procedures and follow strict health and safety guidelines. Gloves, face masks and disposable aprons are always worn and changed frequently.
- Please refrain from using the pool if it is busy and keep a safe distance from other bathers (1.5 metres)
- Sun loungers are spaced out at a distance to ensure your comfort and safety.
- It is mandatory to take a shower before and after using the swimming pool.
- The pool is chlorinated according to the WHO regulations and is checked by trained staff every 4 hours.
- The sun loungers are disinfected with specialist detergent before and after each use.
- All surfaces and outdoor furniture – umbrella stands, tables, pool steps and outdoor shower taps – are regularly disinfected.
- Please do not leave your pool towels on the sun loungers. We encourage you to reuse towels for environmental and health and safety reasons. If you choose not to reuse towels, please dispose of them in the designated bin behind the shower and request fresh towels from reception.
- The indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room are currently out of use for health and safety reasons.
- Massage, reflexology and foot treatments are available. The therapists always follow strict hygiene rules and wear face masks and gloves. All treatment takes place in area of your choice, an outdoor space, the treatment room or your property.
- We recommend using the toilet facilities in your private home. Public toilet facilities are available as an emergency on request.
· The wooden house in the children’s playground is closed. Our young guests can enjoy the exciting outdoor activities organised especially for them.